Hello everyone! I hope this post finds you all well & everyone is having a good week. Over the past couple months I have been using some products that work just as well as more expensive items I have used in the past. There are always going to be a couple of beauty items I will splurge on but for the majority of my products, they are all affordable.
- Mascara- Benefit They’re Real Mascara $24.00 vs. Maybelline Volum’ Express the Rocket Mascara $5.99 ……………I can honestly say that the Maybelline mascara worked better for me than the Benefit mascara. Beside the HUGE price difference, I noticed that Maybelline wasn’t flakey & it lasted all day without having to reapply.
- Mascara Primer- Opening Act Lash Primer $22.00 vs. L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer $8.99………My sister got the Tarte primer and got me hooked on it until I realized that there has to be a cheaper alternative out there somewhere. One day while browsing in Ulta I saw the new L’Oreal Primer & I figured I would give it a shot. It is just as good as the Tarte primer!
- Finishing Powder- Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Setting Powder $33.00 vs. NYX Finishing Powder $9.99………For a product to keep your face matte all day, go with the NYX option. I like the Tarte powder but I can’t swing 33 bucks each time I need a restock. Trust me when I say that I have oily skin and using both powders they both worked the same.
- Face Mask- Superman Clearing Treatment by Glam Glow $69.00 vs. Sephora Mud Mask $20.00……I am SUPER excited to share this find with you. Here is a fun little fact: this very product comparison is what inspired me to start my blog! I found that these two products worked EXACTLY the same & with a $50.00 price difference I knew I needed to start sharing these better deals with people. Everything is the same from with these two masks. I wanted a good mask to use before my wedding so I tried a sample of Glam Glow. It worked amazing but with a wedding budget I didn’t have $69.00 to spend on a mask, so I tried the Sephora option & I have since gotten more jars of it!
- Leave In Conditioner- Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave In Conditioner $17.95 vs. Frizz Ease Leave-In Conditioning Spray $5.99 on sale for $3.59 at Ulta right now. Both smell amazing & made my hair very soft & easy to brush through with wet hair.
I hope you enjoyed seeing my affordable beauty choices & I plan on doing many more posts like this in the future. Thank you for stopping by!
xoxo, The Frugal Blonde